PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Sunday 27 September 2015

That Craft Place Mixed Media Challenge...

Hello lovelies!

It's time for another challenge over at 


The theme is

Mixed Media.

I love making mixed media creations as it gives me the opportunity to try so many techniques. Also it allows to experiment with certain techniques too. The great thing about mixed media work is not only can you alter things and create beautiful pieces of art, you can also show off some beautiful treasures you may have.

I went to a vintage fair a few weeks ago, while there I bought some beautiful vintage brooches. So, for my design team project this time I have used two of them. I have used the MDF shrines that I bought from 
The shrines show of my brooches perfectly!




The materials I used from That Craft Place are...

MDF Shrines ~ Gesso ~ DecoArt Chalk Paint in shades Primitive and Timeless ~ DecoArt Ultra-Matte Varnish ~ Stencils Butterfly Flourish, Diamonds Drain, Abstract Circle ~ Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste Silver Pearl ~ Glamour Dust ~ Metallic Gilding Wax in shades Pewter and Midnight ~ MDF Hearts ~ Resin black flowers ~ Black Stamens ~ Collall 3d glue ~ Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue

and of course my two lovely vintage brooches. 

I painted all the mdf with gesso. I then painted with the chalk paints. Once dry, I used the stencils over the shrines with the chalk paints. This was then sealed with the varnish. 

I brushed on the silver texture paste in various places and along the edges of the shrines.  While wet I sprinkled over some Glamour Dust. This needed time to dry thoroughly.

I then rubbed over the gilding waxes, and also rubbed them onto the resin flowers. 

I glued the brooches into the centres of the shrines. I used 3 black stamens with one of the resin flowers.

I love these shrines, there are so many ways you can alter them.

I am entering my shrines into the following challenges:

Don't forget 
also have a group on Facebook where you can buy lots of gorgeous things
The selection of MDF is fantasic!

There is also the group 

We would love to see your mixed media creations for this challenge.

Hop over to the challenge blog
to see lots of stunning design team inspiration!

Happy crafting,
lots of love 
Nicola 
XXX





5 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola, love the way you've used the shrines such a pretty finish. Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shrines and they match your brooches perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful shrine - love the shabby look - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous way to showcase those lovely brooches! I love shrines on any kind and these are great! .Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shrine. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete