PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Saturday 9 June 2012

Polkadoodles Samples for Create & Craft TV

Hello lovelies,

I hope that you are all having a lovely week-end!

I thought I would share with you my samples that I made for the

Polkadoodles shows that were on Create & Craft TV today,

to launch the new and fabulous


I just know that you will all love this collection, I have loved working with it. I made 5 samples for the shows.

My favourite sample I will show you on a separate post as I want to actually show you step by step how I made it, also its my favourite one of the bunch, even if I do say so myself! LOL

I absolutely love doing altered art, so I wanted to show that not only can you make cards and scrapbook pages, you can also do altered art projects!


Here I have used a bingo board that I bought for a pound. I have painted it using acrylic paints. I masked an area off so that I could paint that area using blackboard paint. I wanted to use the Garden kit for this, and make it a gardener's notice board and jotter block. Once the paint had dried I glued a jotter to the base, and then cut the tree house from the kit to fit over the front of it for a cover. I printed out various flowers and embellishments from the kit, inked the edges with distress inks and glued around the board as shown. Finally I embellished with a bee, ladybird and frog charms and tied chalk and a pencil to string and attached this at the top.




For my next sample I chose to use a mini rolling pin and wooden spoon that I have had for a long time. I always intended altering them somehow but never really got around to it. When I got the chance to work with the Picknix collection and saw the baking kit, I knew this was the perfect time to use them. I painted them both with acrylic paint. I then printed out embellishments from the kit and carefully cut them out. I then used the decopatch technique to stick them to the rolling pin and spoon, using a mix of copydex glue and water and painting this mix over the embellies. Once they had dried thoroughly I then used a Matt Silk glaze to finish. I wrote some recipes onto the journalling cards from the kit, put these into plastic wallets and attached these to the spoon with book rings. I used bakers twine to attach the rolling pin at the bottom. You then turn over the recipes using this.




As I said earlier my favourite sample I will show you in another post.

I also chose to make two cards from the kit as well, heres what I made...





I hope that you have enjoyed seeing my samples and if you have bought the Picknix Collection I just know you will absolutely love it!
It sold out on Create & Craft very quickly but don't forget it is still available to buy on the

order yours now, its a fantastic price, excellent value.

Thanks for looking at my samples I really appreciate it,
have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love
NJ XXX


2 comments:

  1. These are all absolutely gorgeous NJ and it's so lovely to see all your samples. Just love the altered items which are fab ideas and the cards are so pretty.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! What else is there to say - you are a star. Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete