PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Saturday 7 January 2012

Mars Bar Krispie Cake.........

Hello everyone. Well one of the new things I wanted to do in 2012 was bring a little baking section to my blog.
I love baking, I used to bake every Sunday afternoon for my mum and dad when I lived at home. I wasnt happy just doing one recipe from my trusted Bero book though, I had to do about 6 or 7 in one batch!
My mum used to walk in the kitchen and there would be flour everywhere. The end results was worth the mess....so my family told me. It was soon eaten anyway!LOL

So, when I get the time or the inspiration to bake, I will show you on my blog.

Lets start with this recipe....a firm favourite with everyone that ever visits our house.....I got the recipe from my sister in law. Hope you like it....

Mars Bar Krispie Cake....

Ingredients.....

5 oz margarine
5 mars bars chopped
5 oz rice krispies or cocoa pops if you prefer
1 x 8 oz bar of Dairy Milk
(you can make more if you need or less, if you do 6 mars bars you do 6 of the others, or if you do 4 mars bars its 4 of the others and so on)



How to make it......

1. Melt the margarine in a pan over a gentle heat.


2. Add mars bars to melted margarine


keep stirring until all melted and then remove from heat.


3. Add rice krispies and mix well.



4. Pour the mix into a square dish or baking tin. Flatten it down with the back of your wooden spoon.


5. Melt the chocolate gently over a pan of simmering water or use your microwave.



6. Pour over the top of the rice krispie mix and spread evenly.



7. Let it cool, then pop it in the fridge for an hour to set.


8. Cut into squares.




Enjoy......XXX








2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I love these NJ, might just have to rustle some up soon !!!! Lots of love x x

    ReplyDelete