PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Friday 9 December 2011

PanPastel UK Challenge 11 - The Great Outdoors

I am entering this card into the

PanPastel UK Challenge 11 - The Great Outdoors



The stamp I have used is Inkadinkado Gardenia. I have coloured it using PanPastels Diarylide Yellow and Permanent red.
These are from the trial kit that I won a couple of weeks back. I only have the two colours so I have tried to be a little inventive with how I used them. Using an applicator I put the yellow and red separately on my craft sheet, then on another area I mixed them both together to create orange.
I have used water to paint them onto the sunflowers, and I used a wash of PanPastel over the background.When dry I sprayed a fixative over the image.
I cut out the image and then inked the edges with Distress ink Rusty hinge.
I covered an A5 landscape card blank with decorative paper. Attached organza ribbon down the sides and seam binding along the top and bottom. I matted the image using foam pads. I have embellished with the quote and two buttons and a seam binding bow!
The reason I have chosen this stamp for this challenge is because to me..
The Great Outdoors reminds me of my Dad, bless him, he passed away last year...he worked as a gardener so this is why I like this stamp, it reminds me of when he used to tend all the flowers.
I hope you like the card, thanks for looking
love Nicola XXX


1 comment:

  1. Stunning card huni, love your sunflowers and the green ribbon at the edge's looks fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete