PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Sunday 27 November 2011

A Gem Of A Challenge 35 - Monochromatic

I am entering the following card into the

A Gem Of A Challenge 35 - Monochromatic.




I have chose to use red for my Monochromatic look. The challenge says shades of one colour. I have stamped the image with tuxedo black memento ink. It is a Kanban Moulin Divas - Tre's Chic stamp. I stamped it onto Bristol Board and coloured it using just one Polychromo pencil in Deep Scarlet Red. In some areas I coloured very lightly, such as the skin tone, and the gloves and dress I used more pressure to get a deeper tone. I also blend with paper stumps and low odour thinners.
I carefully cut around the image with my craft knife and added feathers to make a skirt, the circles are Nellies multi frame Flower 3. I attached the larger circle underneath the feathers.
I used a small feather and the smallest die from the Nellie set just below the head.
I have matted and layered her onto an A5 base card which I have covered with decorative paper, a piece of mirri card to the left which I have used a punch to create a lacey border. Ive embellished with lace, ribbon, a flower and candi.
I hope you like this card and thanks for looking,
love NJ XX


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.....thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge x

    ReplyDelete